Monday, May 14, 2007

Moody Monday: Industrious -

"Industrious in His Avoidance of Life's Complications"
digitally manipulated photograph by Mick Mather

This week's themed offering, industrious, at Moody Monday hinted at something contrary to the obvious meaning for me. This photograph of a local street person has a variety of connotations in any number of contexts...but, sticking with the concept at hand, I can only pose questions of my own design. In the spirit of one or two of the old 10-minute manager cliches, "even no decision is a decision" and "work smarter, not harder" we can evolve, or in this case perhaps we devolve, into some form of industriousness. Sitting in the sun, letting life wash over you, come what may, surely has a harsh price tag attached. So far, at least on this day, the subject didn't seem to mind.

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger *Itkupilli* said...

I like this picture very much, it is visually very balanced and colours are perfect. Great work. But like always I found so much more from your images.

I’ve been a workaholic. I worked hard, didn’t get much done. I don’t work anymore. I enjoy. I’ve people working for me. Only rule is: only work with joy. If you don’t want to do something: relax and do nothing. Everybody works industrious and we have whole time fun.

“And if you cannot work with love buy only with distaste it is better that you should leave your work and sit at the gate of the temple and take aims of those who work with joy.” by Kahlil Gibran

3:16 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

Itkupilli:
As always, your comments are precious to me and you make me blush. As for loving one's daily work ... I suppose it shows that I love mine. All of my life, even before reading Gibran, I would leave a job that was distasteful. Dozens of times I walked away to seek work that I could love and would provide the same. I'm a very fortunate man to have learned that lesson early in my life. :)

4:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home