Tuesday, May 15, 2007

NEW from The Nightmare Series -

"The Zombie"
montage by Mick Mather
Like Mayflies, the troubles I've been having most of the month are beginning to disappear. At least, they're becoming less pesky and the last few days have elicited some positive results, one of them being tonight's post. As it happens, this piece fell into the relatively dormant Nightmare Series. The beginnings of which arose from a very bad photo of my granddaughter and I can't remember when I last posted something from those files. I still have a few tucked away, waiting, rather demanding, a bit more finish. Always, there's work to do (sigh)!

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Elegia said...

I love this montage! There's a human behind the mask. At least there has been. Actually there's something left yet, if I can see right.

I would be happy, if I saw this montage a bit bigger size.

9:49 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

Elegia:
Thanks so much and, you're correct, there are many layers built up to create the mask. As well, there is a background figure over the right shoulder (on your left as you view it). Sorry about the size, but my work has always been small and, depending on which browser you use, my work appears almost actual size which is 270 X 400 pixels in the vertical format - or - 400 X 270 in the horizontal.

4:54 AM  
Blogger *Itkupilli* said...

Mick, this is frightful ihana. I love it, but I’m not sure anymore, which I like more, your text or your images. I so much enjoy reading your posts. I try to learn to write so cool. Let’s say you are just multi talent! :)

12:07 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

Itkupilli:
Awwwww, you're one of the sweetest women I know and you make me blush. I'm a lucky man to have so many people like you in my world. Perhaps it all comes down to what we've been talking about for the past few weeks - that thing called "love". I love the writing as much as I do the artwork. It's such a joy to hear that someone else thinks so. :)

12:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home