Saturday, June 23, 2007

Still pushing the envelope -

"Fields of Magnetic Dreams"
montage by Mick Mather
This image is one that I've been wrestling with for about two weeks. Yesterday, I alluded to the fact that I've been working to assimilate a new photo editor into the mix. The process has been both fun and challenging. As one might imagine, lots of failures up front and lots of half-baked images have been secreted away in the files here at The Secret Visual Laboratory. That said, I'm quite satisfied with the way this finally turned out and, truly, I must fly...back to the drawing board. You guessed it! More wrasslin' in store today!

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger SusuPetal said...

Too skinny, too pale. The character in the picture, not the picture, which has strength in spite of, or beacuse of, the pale colours.

8:28 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

suspetal:
LOL at the "too skinny" comment. Some of us like our women skinny and pale. Me? "I like 'em short - I like 'em tall - I like 'em long - and that's not all!" Thanks for the comment that follows as well (blush!) ... this bit of work is very experimental for me as I've been saying from post to post. I should also admit that I have darker versions of this too, but I like the pale version best.

8:48 AM  
Blogger Janice Ykema said...

would be interesting if all our fingerprints left this kind of signature..... cool Piece... and interesting eyes!

7:35 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

janice:
Hmmm, an interesting way to look at this. I have a few alternate versions of it, some darker, but I liked this one the best. Too, ya gotta love purple eyeshadow! :D

9:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home