Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Stumbling into the truth -

"Squinting Into the Wind"
$50 unframed - LUCAS GALLERY
digital collage by Mick Mather
I settled into the secret visual laboratory today with the purpose of playing around. I'm glad I did after coming up with tonight's post following a good, long session. I have two other images in various stages that could easily go into one of my existing Series ... on the other hand, I've already opened a file for a brand new series called Faces in the Crowd, and it really belongs there for the moment. As I make headway with a few of the new plug-ins a new excitement seems to be building in relationship to this particular work. A lot more effort and few long yards to go before I'll make this new body of work official. Stay tuned!

Labels: , , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger hpy said...

There's a light on the face, what about yours when you'll learn there's a meme for you on my blog today?

11:19 PM  
Blogger SusuPetal said...

Stumbling into the truth -this must be what Dorian Gray saw in his mirror.
The pic is frightening, it makes me think what is the true self of myself.
Powerful, impressive.

1:08 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

hpy"
LOL @ "what about yours" - so, tagged am I? I will ponder the Stuart Smalley Meme 10 Things I like About Myself very soon. :D

susupetal:
I was really just goofing around with this image and when it began to come together, "stumbling into the truth" is what came to mind. I don't know if that introduction and the title of the piece "Squinting Into the Wind" are connected but I'm intrigued with your Dorian Gray take on it. :O

6:47 AM  
Blogger Janice Ykema said...

There is a pathos to this persons expression... and to me it speaks "Fractured" as in ones spirit... For me, there is a definite sense of pain... Very strong piece.

7:03 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

janice:
Once again you read things in my work that I don't necessarily see while working on them. Once I read what others have to say about them, as here, I'm always flattered. Thanks so much with my usual blush. :)

7:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home