Wednesday, August 29, 2007

NEW from The Reinventing the Wheel Series: Still talking about paintings -

"Reinventing the Wheel IV"
$50 Unframed - LUCAS GALLERY
digital study by Mick Mather

I happened to be looking through digital files of my old paintings over the last few days and, no pun intended, the wheels began to turn again. With this series in particular and in general as regards actually searching for studio space, paint, brushes and a surface that may or may not end up being canvas. As mentioned a few times previously these pieces are intended to be large scale - in the case of tonight's post, 4' X 4' - and perhaps in this square format as an inside joke. While I still have my work cut out for me and as I continue to draw and sketch ideas, creating a study for each piece will quite likely be the marketing vehicle for the actual work once I begin. Keep your checkbooks handy boys and girls!

Labels: , , , , , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger hpy said...

I have mostly "old fashioned" paintings at home, but once I said to myself that it would be nice to have three big modern ones over the sofa, one red, one yellowish and one green. This one could be the red one even though it's not exactly the red I was thinking about. In fact, it should be even more red. So please, start again.

11:32 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

hpy:
This is so interesting - what you say about the redness. As I worked on this study I was never quite able to get the red exactly the way that I wanted it either. So, perhaps one day I will start again, especially since I have two alternate versions in the file, both in aqua hues (which might not be green enough). Come to that, I really must consider doing one in each of the 3 colors. :D

5:28 AM  
Blogger Elegia said...

Bubbles in the blood? ;)
I love blood. And bubbles.

8:15 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

elegia:
LMAO @ your comments here! I believe you were born out of time and place. Your historic niche must surely be Transylvania during the reign of Prince Vlad III of Romania!

11:57 AM  
Blogger Elegia said...

:) Thanks for the link. It is very interesting. Think I have to study more about my past life ;D Maybe I get some nice ideas from there...

10:28 PM  
Blogger Trijnie said...

I made 2 comments on this image, but no sign, am i dooing something wrong?

11:36 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

elegia:
You're welcome. I should say that the time of Prince Vlad was a particularly gruesome one as regards defending one's territory during that time of expansion of the Ottoman Empire. He was known far and wide as The Impaler and hence the rumor and myth of Dracula as a vampire and drinker of blood.

griesmail:
Please try again, Trijnie, I'd love to have your comments. Sometimes the system just doesn't work ... or perhaps it was still loading when you closed the comment box. Other times, even I have previewed a comment of my own and completely forgotten to publish it afterwards.

4:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home