Tuesday, August 28, 2007

A house for HPY -

"Chez HPY"
tempera-on-paper by Mick Mather
I've been thinking a lot about the request that HPY made at her blog last week. The original post begot two lovely drawings, the first by Isopeikko and the other by Susupetal. Above is small painting I did a few years ago that seems to fit the bill here. As I recall, there's been some mention and a little conversation about keeping things affordable. So, here you go HPY! It's what we call a fixer-upper over here. :D

Labels: , , , , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger hpy said...

Beautiful colors. I hope you don't mind that I put it on my blog too!
That makes me three houses so far. It will be hard to choose one of them.

10:42 PM  
Blogger SusuPetal said...

I believe HPY will have a good stock of houses when this project is over. Well, plenty of room to have friends staying, hahhah.

The blue in this pic is delicious.

2:30 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

hpy:
Thanks for the comment on the colors and you most assuredly have my permission to repost this as you will. I'll stop by your place later today. :)

susupetal:
Thank you for this comment (blush!) and I can't wait to see how many houses hpy will get from this project.

4:29 AM  
Blogger Elegia said...

Beautiful house. I like empty houses. It would be nice to decorate one of them and move in there.

There's only one but... I won't repair anything, but perhaps my fiance would do that (if ask very attractively), ;D LOL

7:22 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

elegia:
Rustic for certain and beautiful in the eyes of the beholder. Thank goodness for your eyes (blush!).

I have a sneaking suspicion that your fiance is a very busy man. A very lucky man as well. :D

11:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home