Saturday, September 22, 2007

A Vision and a little bit of Visioning -

"The Public Sculpture"
$50 Unframed - LUCAS GALLERY
digitally manipulated photograph by Mick Mather

This post is all about a public sculpture series that I've spoken of briefly before. At this stage there are five designs on the drawing table - one of which nearly squeaked past The Totem Project panel in the last RFP round at the end of July. Apparently, my support material offered too many choices and the group much preferred two other designs over the one proposed. I'll choose one of those and re-submit for the October round. Anyway, while it's always a treat to have one of the fairer sex included, this piece is all about the original sculpture - superimposed just to the right of the tree. My goal is to have all five (perhaps more!) in this series placed around the City. :)

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger SusuPetal said...

Oh, she looks so cool and efficient. Nothing like me. Well, I'm not anything public:))

A businesswoman heading for lunch, some sushi, herbal tea and back to the office once again.

11:57 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

susupetal:
Yes, a very good assessment here. I suspect that you're correct about the woman on her way to lunch or tea. As for you, the hidden, not public Susupetal? My guess is that you are quite likely both cool and efficient - in your own way. :)

2:11 PM  
Blogger carla said...

I really like the pale tones that seem to be created by bright sunlight. There's aomething hazy and faraway about this. The sculpture looks great - perfect next to the tree.

5:03 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

carla:
Since this piece hasn't actually been created yet, the color scheme is not decided. My intention was a metallic gray, or a flat gray ... dependent upon whatever FREE acrylic paint I might be able to obtain. That aside, my many thanks for your comment on the sculpture itself. :)

11:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home