Thursday, September 20, 2007

Thursday Challenge: Purple -

"Deep Purple"
digitally manipulated photograph by Mick Mather
- original photograph by Ann Ballard -

As always, Thursday Challenge is a fun exercise for me in any number of ways. This week the theme, purple, lent itself to a photograph of a field of lowers taken by my good friend, Ann Ballard. When they flew in, over the email transom, the accompanying note made reference to the fact that "these photographs aren't very good." Hogwash! In the age of photo editors and scads of cool manipulation software, there's no such thing. Well, must dash, the rest of the week is packed with art talks, openings, a conceptual public art piece (more about that later perhaps) and a luncheon.

Labels: , , , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger SusuPetal said...

Here's again that touch of Japanese like in the pic with twigs. Sensitive, delicate, minimalistic, beautiful.

7:42 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

susupetal:
Thank you so much for this description. I was certainly feeling the same way about it when it was finished. :)

12:58 PM  
Blogger *Itkupilli* said...

Susu said it all...except my line: Perfect colors and compositon. Like always. :)

1:14 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

itkupilli:
Thanks so much, Kirsi. It's about time you stopped back at my place! :)

1:16 PM  
Blogger Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

I like this a lot, Mick, very nice. May I put it in Silk Creek?

6:03 PM  
Blogger Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

I put it in Silk Creek, I'll take it off if you want. I like it, it's a different mood than the others, but that's a good thing and the color ties it in.

6:11 PM  
Blogger Elegia said...

I like the colour scale too. I can also feel the japanese touch like Susu does. Very beautiful and sensitive.

9:01 PM  
Blogger hpy said...

When I see purple, I always thing either deep purple or purple rain. Wonder why! :)

12:19 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

mary:
I'm always delighted when you want images of mine for a project of yours. Ann Ballard will be delighted as well! Do leave it at Silk Creek Review IV. Of course, this means writing another piece, doesn't it? A task I have yet to accomplish with the other assignments on my desk! :O

elegia:
Thanks, as always, for your words (with a blush!). I knew it had that feel the instant I completed the final layer. It's always a bonus when your good friends think so too. :)

hpy:
LOL - Could the reasons be Nino & April or Prince?

4:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home