Saturday, September 15, 2007

New filters from an old editor -

"Walking Toward the Light"
digital collage by Mick Mather
One of the photo editors here at the Secret Visual Laboratory has had it's uses over the years. I rarely bother with the preset filters to be found there but, lately, I've been playing around and have discovered some limited uses for a few of them. Tonight's post is a good example of what I mean and the particular pose of the figure combined with a few layers of further manipulation resulted in the title at the end of it all. Anyway, time for a short nap before heading out to Joe's Pasta Garage in Skaneateles, New York for a 5:00pm dinner along with a short walk across the street to The Lucas Gallery to meet and greet Wendy Harris.

Labels: , , , , , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Trijnie said...

exciting image, hope you have a nice evening!

3:07 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

griesmail:
Thanks very much, Trijnie! The evening was especially fun and exciting! :)

6:06 PM  
Blogger SusuPetal said...

Anyone for tennis?

I don't know if she is playing tennis in the pic, it just looks like it. I like the restless feeling you've created on the surface.

12:52 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

susupetal:
It does look like there's a good volley happening so I won't say one way or the other. This was all about the surface for me - the tension and movement - and I'm delighted that you feel the same! :)

4:14 AM  
Blogger Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

Oh, how fun, I really like this, nice comp and effects! Love the light! Mary :-D

8:00 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

mary:
Thanks so much. This came easily but I questioned it at almost every layer. So, it's gratifying to hear comments like this. :)

12:48 PM  
Blogger hpy said...

The light is very nice.

11:52 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

hpy:
Thanks so much ... it seems to be affected by your new icon! :D

4:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home