Sunday, September 16, 2007

Play: a forgotten component of work? -

"Ghost Writer"
digital collage by Mick Mather
As I've been speaking about for over a week, the end of summer has been spent in hour after hour of play in the secret visual laboratory. Pushing the limits of old filters or mixing things up with new ones has been the key minus any worry over how things will turn out in the end. That sort of freedom, almost always for me, results in a happy accident or two and, of course, that's the whole point. It's a bit like scribbling aimlessly in a sketchbook with a pencil until something begins to emerge. Well, enough chatter ... it's still playtime! :D

Labels: , , , , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger hpy said...

I see you've been busy posting all the WE. As busy as the girl on the pic. (I've been lazy...)

11:53 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

hpy:
I have been busy, but not too busy to get in some reading and to attend a meeting with an artists group. :)

4:19 AM  
Blogger SusuPetal said...

I like these colours. My favourite colours are black, orange and red, so no wonder this pic pleases me.

I was lazy all weekend. It was nice. I did one pic, it's in my Swedish blog, but that's about all I did.
Well, I baked buns. That's creative too!

6:24 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

susupetal:
Thanks, as usual with a blush, for the comment. I'll have to remember these colors.

Even though it may not seem like it, I've been taking alot of time off from blogging. Sometimes due to my evening schedules for work, other times for reading or watching football. As you may also gather, I've been playing around quite a bit the past few weeks ... finding much inspiration along the way and a few pieces to post as well. :)

9:31 AM  
Blogger Trijnie said...

I agree with Susu, I love there colours

1:24 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

griesmail:
I say thanks so much, Trijnie, with a blush. :)

4:14 AM  
Blogger Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

This is cool.

10:16 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

mary:
Thanks! Glad you like it. :)

10:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home