Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Images of a forgotten girl -

"The Navy Jacket"
digital collage by Mick Mather
No, the introduction above doesn't refer to a new series of work per se. It is one of my holding files where groups of similar work reside. Something about this piece reminds me of my good friend, Melissa Morgan, whom I've talked about here before, recently in fact. Sometimes a pose, physical demeanor, shadows and light suggest certain people to me and that's what happened here. By the time I was finished in the secret visual laboratory here she was, seemingly pensive and oblivious, wearing a smashing pair of sling back, wedge sandals ... shoes that the real 'Lissa probably doesn't have in her closet.

Labels: , , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger hpy said...

She looks as if she were waiting for something to happen or for someone to arrive. A waiting girl.

12:15 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

hpy:
That's the way it looks to me too. :)

5:59 AM  
Blogger SusuPetal said...

She looks like my cousin many, many years ago. Just the same pose.

I like the hint of blue in the back ground, in the otherwise almost black and white pic. The light mellows the black and white into a soft touch.

6:59 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

susupetal:
Then your cousin must be a beautiful woman. It was the pose, since you mention it, that attracted me and pushed me into doing this piece. As always, with a blush, I say thanks for your comments about the colors too. :)

7:10 AM  
Blogger SusuPetal said...

Yes, she is beautiful.
We look very much alike, ha ha:)

7:49 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

susupetal:
Well, I won't let it go unsaid that I'm quite attracted to women with 4 eyes! :D

11:00 AM  
Blogger SusuPetal said...

And luckily only one mouth:)

Have a nice weekend, Mick, I'm off to my island.

5:59 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

susupetal:
LOL - have fun at that beautiful place. :)

6:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home