Sunday, September 30, 2007

From the Experimental Archive -

"Paper Blizzard"
$50 Unframed - LUCAS GALLERY
digital collage by Mick Mather

While reviewing some old work I stumbled into some old files of experimental works that came about while working out and stretching with some filters that were - and still are - a bit of a trial. As with anything new, the goal is to get the software to do specific results of my own choosing as opposed to whatever comes out. At the time, I was stumped with this particular piece even though excited with the result and a possible new direction. The only thing left to do was come up with a title ... well, aside from rediscovering it of course. :)

Labels: , , , ,

12 Comments:

Blogger Elegia said...

I like very much the name of this collage. I believe there's an eskimo (inuiitti - I don't know is it same in English) in that pic. And that bloody storm, hrrrr! This is great, Mick!

9:17 PM  
Blogger hpy said...

The blizzard is good.

11:57 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

elegia:
Yes, almost the same in English - Inuit. I love the way you describe the storm! :D

hpy:
Thanks, always with a blush. :)

5:55 AM  
Blogger SusuPetal said...

This is so winter and that is why I detest this pic....no help that is has nice greenish tint with pink and purple, no, no, doesn't help a bit. This is bloody winter:((

10:43 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

susupetal:
So, so very sorry. I now exactly know you feel. Perhaps we should open another bottle of wine and commiserate? :((

12:12 PM  
Blogger SusuPetal said...

Another???? You mean the third... yes, I'll drink to that!

12:27 PM  
Blogger Elegia said...

I have already open the bottle ;-)

Don't be scared of winter - it's coming anyway! If I could I lived somewhere warm place in winters.

1:09 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

susupetal:
LMAO @ "You mean the third?" Who's counting? :D

elegia:
There you go! No need to count, just open the bottle! Maybe I should leave it open all through the Fall and all through the Winter! :D

3:19 PM  
Blogger Janice Ykema said...

heh heh..... your title.... made me think that this one might look to much like my artroom after a particularly unproductive day..... !

6:01 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

janice:
LOL - I can imagine it! Another glass of wine, my dear? :D

7:05 PM  
Blogger Trijnie said...

I'd like to join!

11:56 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

griesmail:
In that case, I'll have the wine steward fetch another glass!

5:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home