Saturday, September 29, 2007

NEW from The Memory Series -

"Memory of Betty"
digital collage by Mick Mather
It's been a while since I made an addition to this series of work and I've had this piece in the files for a few weeks already, wondering where to go with it. Last week I re-sized everything and ran it through another series of layers and filters and, voila! Even so, it languished while I attempted to make up my mind over its fate. It fits quite comfortably in this series actually, even though it took me a long time to figure that out.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger SusuPetal said...

I remember Mum on the beach, her polka dot bikinis, the waves of her hair, so soft and good-smelling, the touch of her hand when she stroked the tears from my chind.
-We'll build a new sand castle, honey, more far away from the sea.


This could be a memory inspired by your pic full of feelings.

11:06 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

susupetal:
Real or invented, this is another one of your warm and personally precious stories. Thanks so much for sharing it. :)

12:58 PM  
Blogger Save My Studies said...

Some day (through brain imaging or something) scientists will discover that memories actually look like this. Artists always get there first.

6:08 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

robert:
Wait for the scientists, hell! This is already the way my brain images things - just call me the dude who flies in the face of the obvious, eh? :D

12:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home