Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Mighty white -

"The Tennis Skirt"
digital collage by Mick Mather
I like tennis. I was a middle of the road contender in high school - meaning that no special strategy was required to humiliate me. No need to kiss a point just inside the back line or to smash right while twisting the racket slightly, sending the shot zinging past to the left over my opposite shoulder. Nope, put it straight down the centerline and send me careening into the clay nose first! Anyway, whichever side of the net you're on, there's something about the outfits that always appealed to me. Fore! Oops, that's another set of duds entirely I think! :D

Labels: , , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Elegia said...

I like tennis too. I mean watch it. I can't play.

But I love ping pong! I played it in the States last summer, when we rent a house. There was a ping pong table in the house.

Picture is great. I knew it has something to do with tennis before I even red the text. Great!

2:04 AM  
Blogger Trijnie said...

Hi Mick hope you are ok. You posted a lot I did not. Great picture I see

3:29 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

elegia:
I never could get the hang of ping pong (table tennis) either ... I was always getting bopped in the nose with the ball! :O

griesmail:
I'm busier at work than I want to be but otherwise doing very well. Thanks, as always with a blush, for the comment. :)

4:57 AM  
Blogger SusuPetal said...

Be careful not to stumble when seeing a tennis skirt -sports can damage your health....

I like to watch tennis, especially men playing, but I couldn't care less to run after a ball. It has to be served towards me, otherwise there won't be a game:))

Whitish pic, pleases the eye.

10:36 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

susupetal:
Too late! Having seen the skirt before your warning I'm too busy picking myself up and dusting myself off to reply further! :D

3:36 PM  
Blogger *Itkupilli* said...

Yes, something about outfits...I love them too, I loved my ballet and riding stuffs as much as hobby itself. And tennis elegance, always so chic. Beautiful piece, you captured the moment and the move so well. Lovely. :)

7:15 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

itkupilli:
So true about the importance of the outfit. Too, I say thanks (with a blush!) for you comment, Kirsi. :)

5:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home