Friday, November 02, 2007

Illustration Friday: Hats -

"The Black Hats"
$50 Unframed - LUCAS GALLERY

digital collage by Mick Mather
While I was finishing up this post for the theme of hats at Illustration Friday, I began to see this as part of The Trinity Series. As some of you may know, "Trinity" is a growing number of sculptures that I plan to fund, create and install somewhere in 2008 ... but, I digress. An old photograph of an old matchbook began to appear as little men wearing skullcaps. A different sort of head covering than might be expected but it suits me for the moment. I have quite a few versions of it and will post one or two alternates at No Matter What Shape - The Archive. I'm feeling a little dizzy, my stomach is upset and I need to lay down. I'm not complaining, mind you, I think the work week had some hidden stress that's only now reaching the surface. Hey, bartender! One scotch, one bourbon, one beer! Please. :)

Labels: , , , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger SusuPetal said...

I like this! It's smoky!

2:39 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

susupetal:
Ahhh! Success. I was hoping it would look that way and I thank you for mentioning it. :D

I just posted an alternate version at No Matter What Shape - The Archive.

6:11 AM  
Blogger studio lolo said...

I like the matchbook/hat theory. I wonder if some of your posts are scotch induced or lack of scotch. Just wondering! (Mine revolve around wine) :P

10:15 PM  
Blogger Willie Baronet said...

Great image and great idea!!

2:31 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

studio lolo:
Glad you liked it, Laurel, and LMAO at the method of inducement! I prefer a dry, red wine myself but I've been known to spend an evening with a nice brandy, sipping cognac or cheap bourbon. :D

rrramone:
I always appreciate your visits and comments. I'm pleased whenever an image is successful a viewer.

7:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home