Thursday, October 25, 2007

Thursday Challenge: Scary -

"Paraphyletic Sawfly Emerging"
$50 Unframed - LUCAS GALLERY

digital collage by Mick Mather
Yes, I'm still messing about with fractals. The original flames that comprise tonight's post sure remind me of some kind of creepy crawly thing. My initial thoughts on this were of the movie Alien and all of the wonderful frights the first, and best, of the series of flicks gave all of us. It also seems to fit right in with my sci-fi Outer Dust Rings blog - but I'm using this for Thursday Challenge instead. The theme for this week is scary and these little buggers make my skin curl just thinking about them!

Labels: , , , , , , ,

11 Comments:

Blogger Elegia said...

The clones of alien. Very interesting colors too (In good way).

9:43 PM  
Blogger hpy said...

Skulls?
Where are the crossbones?

1:07 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

elegia:
Thanks for mentioning the colors. I think I cheated a little bit by using this at Thursday Challenge but this was still a scary image for me. :)

hpy:
LOL - now that you say so all I can see is that skull with the missing crossbones! :D

4:13 AM  
Blogger SusuPetal said...

Oh dear, as usual I don't see anything the others see -I see soldiers in their helmets, ancient Greek soldiers from Sparta.

I like the colours, orange, yes!

4:56 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

susupetal:
Yes, now I see that too! For me, it was always that little, orange, emerging bug head. Anyway, I always love reading what The Sisters see in the work! :D

5:58 AM  
Blogger SusuPetal said...

But I bet you wouldn't want to see into ours heads, ha ha:))

9:01 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

susupetal:
Are you kidding me? Of course I'd want to look in there - I'm a scientist! :D

10:27 AM  
Blogger SusuPetal said...

Dr Frankenstein, I presume...

10:56 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

susupetal:
LMAO - not quite. However, as you know, I do have a laboratory! :)

3:31 PM  
Blogger Janice Ykema said...

looks like brains.. then you go closer and closer...
very interesting piece!~

11:28 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

janice:
Brains? It's always a joy to hear what everyone else thinks. Closer and closer, oh yeah!

11:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home