Monday, October 29, 2007

Moody Monday: Lazy -

"Lazy Day"
$50 Unframed - LUCAS GALLERY

digitally manipulated photograph by Mick Mather
Except for the solitary nature of this photograph, it was an old 1960's era pop song by Spanky and Our Gang that was looping in my head as I worked on this weeks theme at Moody Monday. Spanky had a few hits and a delightfully robust singing voice that made songs like "Lazy Day" and "Sunday Will Never Be the Same" come alive just by closing your eyes. A gentler treatment lent itself to a cover of the Mama's and the Papa's hit, "Suzanne", that was a sweet group effort leading to a spotlight hit for the guys, "I Want to get to Know You". It's amazing how a single image can lead one back in time to songs and sounds that open the flood gates of memory in such a way as to make me almost weepy for those innocent moments during a time of mighty social turmoil and turbulence ... (sigh!)

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger hpy said...

I need a lazy day! I need it BADLY!

2:17 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

hpy:
I think we all need one. :)

5:29 AM  
Blogger SusuPetal said...

There she is again! My cousin sitting on the bench!

7:18 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

susupetal:
She looks good in red too! :D

7:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home