Thursday, November 01, 2007

Thursday Challenge: Orange -

"Woman in Orange, Apartment B"
$50 Unframed - LUCAS GALLERY

digitally manipulated photograph by Mick Mather
I have to say, this Thursday Challenge - the week's theme being orange - screamed for all of the obvious possibilities. While searching through the photo stacks here at the secret visual laboratory I settled on a fuzzy and indistinct image of a woman whose blouse took on an orange cast after a bit of hue and tint manipulation. I cropped and dragged the result into my usual working frame and ran it through a few more filters to come up with a background reminiscent of a high rise apartment building while overlaying a venetian blind-like look to the figure itself. So, there's more here than might immediately hit the eye and, while I thought about taking this a little bit further, I think I'll leave it right here ... for now. :)

Labels: , , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger SusuPetal said...

Orange is always orange, and I like it, in the sunset, in the flowers, in my tea and in my clothes. But also a very obvious colour, as you pointed out.

Orange blouses are cool!

3:01 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

susupetal:
...or an orange jogging suit? This morning, she looks like a jogger to me! :)

4:08 AM  
Blogger *Itkupilli* said...

Yes Susu, you are so orange and green as I'm pink and blue, we have talked about this...:)

But I have enjoyed lately orange...perhaps cause of the first Halloween in America or missing autumn colors of Finland, who knows.

Oops I almost forget you Mick! I like this, fuzzy front and thorough blue background. Strong opposites make this interesting.

1:13 PM  
Blogger Trijnie said...

Orange is also my colour!!!
don't know if I like fat jogging ladies Ha ha, nice weekend Mick

2:19 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

itkupilli:
I thank you for talking about the strong opposites. As I began to layer this I was thinking that it was just this sort of contrast that might hold things together. :)

griesmail:
LOL - the reason she jogs may just be the fitness regimen needed to attract that new man she has her eye on! :)

3:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home