Monday, November 05, 2007

Moody Monday: Humorous -

"The Inattentive Valet"
$50 Unframed - LUCAS GALLERY

digitally manipulated photograph by Mick Mather
The weekly theme at Moody Monday this week is the word humorous. I don't know how funny the following story will be to you, but some of the people who know me and love me have gotten miles of entertainment already. For one, my good friend Rob D'Agostino who left quite the cutting comment at yesterdays post! Before I move on, do visit his site and have a look at the first study to go up in flames as posted at Save My Studies - talk about humorous? This short video is hilarious! As for me and what elicited Rob's comment, we need only see the evidence above, enhanced with that checkered pattern peculiar to The Harlequin. Last week, as I was walking to my office I thought, "Gee! This left shoe feels awfully comfortable. A lot more comfortable than it should." I looked down to discover that it wasn't a shoe at all and exclaimed, "Darn! I've worn my slippers to work!" Unruffled, and since my slippers are leather-soled moccasins, I figured, what the heck. A few steps further and I'm thinking, "Gee! The other one isn't nearly so comfortable." Looking down a second time my mouth hangs open, my heart skips a beat and in a bit of a fright I say out loud, "Darn! I've worn one slipper and one shoe to work today!" I suppose you can guess that I hopped back on the bus, returned home for a matching set, double checked to be sure it was a set of shoes, and then back to work! What a day! :D

Labels: , , , , ,

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh I like this one! Both the work and the post, you made me laugh!

1:57 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

shani thomas:
Since I haven't received any other comments on this one, yet, I couldn't be more delighted to hear you say so. It was a particularly comical incident that even I got a kick out of! :D

BTW - where's your blog?

2:17 PM  
Blogger SusuPetal said...

I believe slippers would be perfect each day!
And pyjamas...

I liked this pic, geometrical but with soft colours, nice contrast.

9:26 PM  
Blogger Trijnie said...

Hi Mick,

I am so busy with everything and nothing, since I am home. So sorry could not find the time to see other works from other bloggers.
You work hard and show great works.
Take care
Trijnie

12:32 AM  
Blogger hpy said...

Didn't my comment arrive? I'm sure I wrote something stupid again. Oh, yes, it was about my ssiter and her shoes.

1:38 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

susupetal:
I do wear slippers, but not pajamas. I wonder what the formally attired version of that would be for the cocktail hour? :D

griesmail:
I surely understand the issues of getting caught up after a long vacation. Our lives require so much attention to so many small details, yes?

hpy:
Sadly, the post about your sisters slippers has gone missing. It happens from time to time for one reason or another. Is your sister Cinderella? It's the only other slipper story I know. :)

4:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oops! Thanks Mick for bringing that to my attention. I didn't have it selected properly in my blog settings. I've corrected it so it should show now.

9:21 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

shani thomas:
You're welcome and, yes, I see it now. :)

10:46 AM  
Blogger hpy said...

No, my sister once bought two pairs of almost identical shoes. Only the color was different. And the next day she found herself at the office with one blue and one brown shoe, of course.

12:17 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

hpy:
LOL - that's as good and as funny a story as my own! Thanks for sending it again. :D

7:37 AM  
Blogger *Itkupilli* said...

This is so full of classics. Classic joke (always good one) and check, black and brown shoes...very nice and really humorous

9:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home