Tuesday, May 22, 2007

NEW from The Making Faces Series -

"Dark Thoughts"
montage by Mick Mather
Sometimes the pieces that result from this series have a will of their own and they simply appear at some point during assembly. I was really just fiddling about last night, not particularly expecting anything worthwhile, when the image took charge and, honest, finished itself. Okay, okay...so I did a little more tweaking and layering, but you know what I mean. Anyway, I'm posting rather early in the day since I'll be serving on a Public Art Panel later this evening and won't have any time to create let alone chat. I hope to have more to say about this Public Art project, especially since one of the sculptures is my design and it was installed over the weekend. What? You demand to see it now? Alright, you'll find the details and two photos here. Just the pics, please? Okay, go here.

Labels: , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Elegia said...

Again, this is amazing. I find also some kind of zombie-feelings of this picture. I don't really know why. Perhaps the eyes like black holes.

In fact, it remind me of the Pink Floyd's music... (Shine on you crazy diamond)

"...Now there's a look in your eyes,
like black holes in the sky..."

I also checked your sculptures and - surprise - like them a lot. They are in New York, how long they are going to stand there?

You know what, I'm coming the States next friday! :)

11:29 PM  
Blogger *Itkupilli* said...

Ihana!Though it’s dark, it’s beautiful, and once more I could say about balance and colours, same thing as always: perfect! Can’t you do something pitiable for the change...I used all my words or learn Finnish! This was about dark, about dart you can read elsewhere.

1:34 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

Eligia:
Another Zombie then? LOL ... I like the Pink Floyd reference as well. I actually bought their first album in Barcelona, Spain in 1967 - quite different they were with Syd barrett in the band, long before their more amazing later work.
I'm pleased that you liked the sculpture - just one actually - the photo of it hanging from the fork lift was pre-installation, lifted up to get that photo before taking it outdoors. It's sited in Syracuse, New York where I live, and we're right in the middle of the state, about 450 miles from New York City. It's made mostly of wood and who knows how long it will last in the extremes of weather that we get here. I'm hoping for 10 years.
You didn't say where, nor why, you'll be coming on your visit, so, in advance: Welcome to the USA!

Itkupilli:
Always with a blush I say thank you. I had a good chuckle over "can't you do something pitiable for a change"? Believe me, I have a LOT of crap in the files. One of these days, I will show one and dedicate it to you. :D
I'm delighted to know there's a comment on the dart elsewhere. I'll go looking in a little while.

4:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home