Monday, October 22, 2007

Moody Monday: Wild -

"Wild"
digitally manipulated photograph by Mick Mather
- original photo by Terry Walter -

The annual visit from Aunt Terry also brought a bundle of terrific photographs taken on one of those Alaskan Cruises that have become so popular in the Era of Green. As I began looking through my files to address the theme of wild at Moody Monday this week I discovered this beautiful image of a decidedly wild hillside in Alaska. I could almost feel the spray from the mad, rushing riverlet charging down that steep slope. After running it through one of my old school filters the treatment itself began to take on that wild aspect as well. To get a better idea of what I mean, I've posted the original photograph at No Matter What Shape - The Archive. Gee, it seems like I've been doing that a lot lately ... but, I s'pose it is fitting that I offer another look. If interested, you can see it here.

Labels: , , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger SusuPetal said...

Wild in the wilderness, up north. Yes. I like the manipulation, it's chillingly icy.

7:59 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

susupetal:
Thanks for this observation. I was told that the temperature up there was quite cold for those usedto a warmer climate. I bet you and I could've gotten by in a sweatshirt or a light jacket. :)

10:51 AM  
Blogger SusuPetal said...

Yes, luckily there's enough of good, red wine and whiskey warming our blood!

12:34 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

susupetal:
Now you're talkin'! :D

7:17 PM  
Blogger hpy said...

I like this one much better than the original one.

1:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home