Sunday, December 16, 2007

Here comes the Nor'Easter! -

"We Value Your Opinion"
digital collage by Mick Mather
Well, the BIG storm that's been blowing our way for about 16 hours now has only dumped about 7" of new snow. That's not really much for us except that there's ice in between some of the layers when the conditions around midnight added sleet and freezing rain into the mix. It's been snowing steadily, again, since mid-morning and already a few more inches have piled up. The rest of this Nor'Easter is due overnight and into the morning with another 12" to 18" possible. We'll see. So, what's a man to do but sit inside, surf the net, create artwork, read, eat, nap and watch a football game? I'll be darned if I know of anything else that could better than that! :)

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger hpy said...

When I look at the image, it changes. I suppose it is beacause I move slightly, but the result is very interesting.
I hope that the storm is over.

12:23 AM  
Blogger Trijnie said...

Is she afraid of more snow?

12:45 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

hpy:
Thanks for the comment and I'm pleased that you find this piece of interest.
The major part of the storm is over and we got much less than the 2+ feet originally predicted. By the time the lake effect snows are finished this evening the total snowfall will likely be a mere 18" of the white stuff! :D

griesmail:
I'm certain that her concerned look is about more snow. It continues to fall! :)

5:55 AM  
Blogger SusuPetal said...

I heard from the news about your storm! Lucky you, it's going to be truly a white christmas!
Do you hear me laughing...

7:37 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

susupetal:
LMAO - YES! I hear you laughing alrightee! Having just come inside from digging out the car - including hauling over a foot of snow from the hood and roof - my nose and my toes is froze! They will deal with you later! :D

10:05 AM  
Blogger SusuPetal said...

It's been snowing in Algeria, too, at the Mediterranean! Lucky I'm not on vacation down there -that would be awful...trying to avoid the winter and landing into one.

We've been promised a black Christmas with heavy wind. Well, I'll survive... yet five days and then the day starts to lengthen.

Try to warm uo your nose and toes, so you won't be mixed up with them! A sock in the nose in original, though.

10:27 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

susupetal:
If I could figure out how to get these snowshoes undone, I'd chase you around for some warm socks!
Careful of that wind and the dark.
So, I need a nose mitten then? :D

11:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home