Monday, December 10, 2007

Moody Monday: Smooth -

"Selfportrait of the Artist Having His Irish Whiskey Smooth and Neat"
digitally manipulated photograph by Mick Mather

- from an original photograph by Michael Moody -
Once again I have the good fortune of having a piece serve double duty. The weekly theme at Moody Monday, smooth since you ask, elicited another fun addition to The Selfportrait Series. I was hoping to pattern this after one of those magazine adverts popular in the 1970's, I think, that was a featured profile of some famous person ... long story short, the final line expressed the way he or she liked their whiskey. Since I'm on my way out to a meeting at Syracuse's newest art space, Orange Line Gallery, I really must dash. I hope to have 8 to 12 pieces hanging before the sun comes up. Wish me luck! :)

Labels: , , , , , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Trijnie said...

a lot of LUCK Mick, you are looking good

11:56 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

griesmail:
Thanks so much, Trijnie, and it worked! I sold my first piece before the work was even hung on the wall! I may have a record of it somewhere - the documentation is an old file of a small, tempera-on-paper painting and may be in the defunct computer. I'll post it if I find it. :D

4:21 AM  
Blogger hpy said...

I saw you with your whiskey this morning, and now I'm back and you still have it! Is it the same, or is it already another glass? Maybe already the fifth one? Don't forget to eat something!

6:59 AM  
Blogger SusuPetal said...

You do look smooth and cool!

Whiskey should always be served smooth and neat, there is no other way.

8:06 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

hpy:
It could be number two or even five - but, who's counting? (burrrrp!) :D

susupetal:
Thank you, Susu. I have some 12-year old Jamieson's here. Want a toot? :)

10:11 AM  
Blogger SusuPetal said...

Hmm, are you sure you still have a drop in the bottle, since you haven't been counting the toots as you told HPY...!

11:50 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

susupetal:
LMAO! As you ought to know, a gentleman known for smooth & neat always has a secret hip flask for that special toot once the bottle has been emptied. :D

1:07 PM  
Blogger Elegia said...

Yes, cool is the right word! And smooth too - inside ;)

3:06 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

elina:
Thanks, Elina. I always look forward to what you have to say. :)

4:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home