Thursday, December 13, 2007

Thursday Challenge: Body -

"An American Girl"
$50 Unframed - LUCAS GALLERY

digitally manipulated photograph by Mick Mather
The weekly theme is body at Thursday Challenge and this will be another hit & run post I'm afraid. Between work, bad weather, meetings at night, red wine and riding the bus, I've had little time left at the end of the day for much of anything. So, before I run off to the couch, here's a photograph I took last year that I ran through the usual filters and manipulators here at the secret visual laboratory. Ta!

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger SusuPetal said...

This is simple and at first it looks like nothing else, but the flag in the corner gives the pic substance.

2:41 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

susupetal:
Thanks for this insight, Susu. I can't say that the flag was on my mind as much as I'd like to take credit for now. I had to think quite a bit about the cropping of this photograph in the beginning and I almost used the photo untouched. Once I'd run it through a few filters though, the idea of the girl and most of the left side being scratched up began saying something to me. I'm still not sure what, but, there it is. :)

5:17 AM  
Blogger Trijnie said...

she seems not to be in a hurry!
Have a relaxed weekend Mick, see you

2:34 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

griesmail:
Thanks, Trijnie. Actually, she wasn't going fast or slow ... I think she was on her way to work though.

3:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home