Friday, December 14, 2007

Illustration Friday: Backwards -

"Backwards"
$50 Unframed - LUCAS GALLERY

digitally manipulated photograph by Mick Mather
As the title suggests,backwards is the theme at Illustration Friday this week. I have to admit that, in the end, I took the easy way out and flopped a photograph. Even so, I did spend a few hours on at least three alternate images, none of which suggested the idea of backwards as well as this. Too, even though reversing the image was a simple thing to do, running it through the secret array to give it some drama seems to have taken it to a place of interest in spite of my sloth.

Labels: , , , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger SusuPetal said...

Same! Spelling backwards.

Why take the difficult way of thinking, when life can be easy... good for us, Mick -no blood, sweat or tears. Cheers:))

3:09 AM  
Blogger Rui Sousa said...

great work, really nice!
www.ruisousaartworks.blogspot.com

3:23 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

susupetal:
Almost the same. I did notice, however, that the word state is the French word meaning the same thing when it's backwards. Hpy will tell us! :)

rui sousa:
Thanks very much for the comment and for your visit. I went to see your drawings and they're wonderful in a macabre sort of way. Elina is going to love them too! My favorite is "Boy and Girl"

5:47 AM  
Blogger studio lolo said...

easy or not, this still makes for a nice image!

9:27 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

studio lolo:
Thanks, Laurel. It seems as though I haven't disappointed anyone, yet! :)

10:47 AM  
Blogger *itKuPiLLi* said...

This is cool...simple idea, but very nice piece of art...

Well I am still working on this, and I have become to a bit similar idea, after many funny experiments. :))

11:02 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

itkupilli:
Thanks for saying so, Kirsi. I'll stop back at your place soon to snoop around and see if you've posted yet. :)

12:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home