Thursday, December 27, 2007

Thursday Challenge: Broken -

"Repairing the Dome"
$50 Unframed - LUCAS GALLERY

digitally manipulated photograph by Mick Mather
Broken is the weekly theme at Thursday Challenge and this photograph of the Old Courthouse in downtown Syracuse, New York seemed fitting. As part of a Historic Preservation Initiative , it's undergoing quite a bit of repair work. I can almost hear the workmen hammering away as two of my teeth throb in unison ... that's right, I'm on my way to the dentist in a short while. Not short enough, considering the pain I'm in. We'll chat later!

Labels: , , , , , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Elegia said...

Glad you can fix it. Looks pretty, I could live there too!

9:27 PM  
Blogger Trijnie said...

I will cross my fingers for you. The dentist is your friend; that is what my mother used to say, I hate him. Take care

2:44 AM  
Blogger SusuPetal said...

Building and repairing is always going on everywhere -the streets are open in every corner.
That is Helsinki.

Same in New York?

6:17 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

elina:
It's a very old building and, yes, a very pretty building. You only see the top of it here and I'm sure there's a livable dungeon for you somewhere inside. :D

griesmail:
Thanks for the good wishes at the dentist. I now need to see a dental surgeon but can't get in until Monday morning. In fits and starts, I'm in so much pain that I can barely think straight - fortunately the worst of it usually lasts for only 10 or 15 minutes.

susupetal:
We have a saying over here about the seasons - winter and construction! :D

8:54 AM  
Blogger *itKuPiLLi* said...

LOL...quite fallic perspective...that could be of course my own perspective to see things...but anyway this image fits so well with the topic! :))

Hope you survive through weekend with your tooth pain.

9:41 AM  
Blogger SusuPetal said...

Tha same saying here -a global thing!

Hopefully Monday comes quick for you (not for me, I want to enjoy my holidays!). Tooth ache in from hell.

10:13 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

itkupilli:
LOL - it has to be you! I never saw it that way. Thanks for the survival wishes and tell that tooth fairy to get a pair of hundred dollar bills ready! :D

susupetal:
I suspect that's so, Susu. Hmmm, say that very fast, three times! :D

In spite of my tooth, two of them actually, I'm also enjoying my vacation.

12:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home