Sunday, December 23, 2007

Colorful visions of softness and silk -

"Her Bottom Drawer"
$50 Unframed - LUCAS GALLERY

digital collage by Mick Mather
I was going to put up another image tonight but I got sidetracked. I went straight for a bit of playful tomfoolery that began with my typical method of collaging a pair of faces and touching up the rough edges before moving along. Next, I tossed it all into a filter that I don't normally rely upon for any sort of finished look, but it often rewards me with a layer that can further the uniqueness of things. This time, a few minutes of tweaking offered exactly what you're seeing here and, for me, it resembled nothing short of a lingerie drawer. To be sure, it's the bottom, catch-all where dainty things may often be quickly tossed for this reason or that. As with this piece from a few weeks ago it was colorful and shiny and reminiscent of the Holidays that are now squarely upon us.

Labels: , , , , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger hpy said...

As I was lookig at Harry Potter yesterday I see a little silky monster in your drawer ;)

Have a nice Christmas!

11:42 PM  
Blogger SusuPetal said...

Soft and smooth -let the holidays be the same to you, Mick!

2:12 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

hpy:
I see more than one monster in this ... smooth and silky, but monsters none the less. :D

Merry Christmas, Helene.


susupetal:
Thank you so much!

Merry Christmas to you too, Susu. :)

5:25 AM  
Blogger Trijnie said...

soft and silky, that for Christmas.
Have a nice day Mick

1:11 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

griesmail:
Happy Christmas, Trijnie! :)

6:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home