Monday, January 07, 2008

Moody Monday: Lofty -

"Lofty"
$50 Unframed - LUCAS GALLERY

digitally manipulated photograph by Mick Mather
The Moody Monday theme of the week is lofty. This particular photograph is of a commercial flight climbing into the sky having just departed from Hancock International Airport, banking sharply to take a southwesterly heading. One that will soon offer passengers in the starboard window seats a spectacular view of most of the finger lakes similar to this one by John Francis McCarthy of Skaneateles, New York. Can you say vertigo? I knew that you could!

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Save My Studies said...

I'm reminded of a wasp on a hot August day. Cumbersome and menacing in the thick air.

6:28 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

d'agostino:
Ahhh, that's the ticket, summertime. With or without cumbersome wasps. Susu? Did you read this one? :D

4:51 AM  
Blogger Trijnie said...

My last flight was to Morocco, I always want the seat near the window. I flew a lot, every flight I behave like a child, with: ohhh and ahhh, beautiful.....
3 years ago I flew to Jordany during the night.We could see the flash-lights above Irak. The steward told us that the lightnings were bomb-hits

5:01 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

griesmail:
I've flown quite a bit and love it too. I also want the window seat and feel just as you do about seeing the scenery and oohing like a little boy. Once, I flew from Naples to Spain on a military transport that must have been held together by coat hangers and chewing gum ... I could see the lights below through cracks in the floor! :O

9:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home