Sunday, January 06, 2008

Under the ice -

"Sleet"
$50 Unframed - LUCAS GALLERY

fractal flame & digital collage by Mick Mather
This post was influenced by the transitional weather we experienced here in Central New York during the month of December, 2007 - before and after it all turned into a lot of snow. We had a bit of freezing rain but, mostly, it was sleet. Driving in that sort of mixed precipitation can be a bit on the wild side although not such a big deal when you take road conditions into consideration. Anyway, we had one day with gusting winds that made the view ahead look a lot like this for a time. Oh, the introductory title above the image is one of the songs on an album by Todd Rundgren's 1960's pop group, Nazz.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

10 Comments:

Blogger SusuPetal said...

Too depressed to say anything -we've had snow today, it's cold and it's blowing freezingly.

And you posted a pic just like our weather...

10:05 AM  
Blogger Trijnie said...

dangerous, I hate such weather.
I do not know that song of Tod Rundgren. I remember one beautiful song: Love is the answer. I still can remember the tune. They played it on the radio at the end of a very popular alternativ radiostation long ago.

10:50 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

susupetal:
Hmmm ... maybe this will help a little bit. :D

griesmail:
As I mentioned, it's a rather old song. I couldn't find anything at you tube except for an updated live version called Iceadelic. I couldn't bear to listen to it though. Better to click on the link above instead and eavssdrop on Susu's surprise.

2:24 PM  
Blogger Elegia said...

There is a frozen body under the ice. The mermaid died in the ice hole. RIP.

Beautiful, I like this very much. It leaves so much to imagine, Mick.

9:07 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

elina:
I was trying to imagine what the shadow beneath might be and you've supplied the best answer yet! Thanks so much, Elina. :)

4:20 AM  
Blogger hpy said...

Elina said it! For her I thought about blue jeans under the ice.

7:18 AM  
Blogger SusuPetal said...

Oh, lazing on a sunny afternoon, in the summertime...

Thanks, it helped a little (we've had more snow, and it took twice as long to get to work in the morning and same in the afternoon...)

9:03 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

hpy:
Ice locked blue jeans? :D

susupetal:
I love the song and was amazed to see this old video where The Kinks are singing in a snowy field. I'm glad that the sentiment of the lyrics helped a little bit. Sadly, there's nothing I can do about your snow - other than wait for it to blow over the north pole and land here, in my front yard! :D

12:13 PM  
Blogger Save My Studies said...

Wonderful composition, strong diagonals, Mysterious and icy. I have chills!

6:22 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

d'agostino:
Thanks, Rob, and hey! Where you been? I smell smoke!

4:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home