Sunday, March 30, 2008

Fun with fractals -

"Whatever Blows Your Skirt Up"
digitally manipulated fractal flame collage
A new plug-in has entered the array at The Secret Visual Laboratory and I'm still in the middle of playing around with the possibilities it offers. It also gives me pause to go back and use some of the old filters that I use rarely and working on this was quite a bit of fun. The title is a clue to what you're seeing but be prepared to consider a radically different perspective if attempting to discern the human form within. The basic elements are a pair of fractal flames that were layered and sent on to the photo editors, manipulators and plug-ins. That said, this post is one of those completely experimental pieces that managed to escape. Enjoy.

Labels: , , , , , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger SusuPetal said...

Oh, I love these colours, so much air and lightness, beautiful!

10:10 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

susupetal:
Yes ... air, lightness, movement and the embodiment of raucous life! :)

11:10 AM  
Blogger hpy said...

I cannot imagine the original picture, but theresult is something of a flower.

11:28 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

hpy:
Two very different fractals were layered and then manipulated to create this piece. I see something completely different myself, but, as you say, there is something of a flower in this. :)

2:17 PM  
Blogger Elegia said...

This really IS beautiful, weird but beautiful! And I feel it's very exotic and sensual. And yes, sexual too. Wow!

6:02 AM  
Blogger Elegia said...

The word is fruitful. Yes!

6:02 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

elegia:
Thanks very much for these lovely comments, Eligia (you've changed back again I see) ... I had a lot of fun working on this one. :)

6:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh I like this one Mick, it looks like butterflies to me. Love the pastel colors and soft forms.

10:42 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

shani thomas:
I certainly see the butterfly forms in this myself, but, it's a woman dancing. Wildly, with abandon! :)

4:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home