Thursday, March 20, 2008

Thursday Challenge: Experimental -

"Experimental"
digital collage by Mick Mather
The theme, experimental, offered this week at Thursday Challenge almost seems as though it were tailor-made for me personally. Most of my photo collage work is experimental using filters to alter each image. In this case, a bit of gaussian blur was employed at various stages of layering and experimental filtering. In the end, it was a 1960's psychedelic, posterized look that I was after. Sweet.

Labels: , , , , , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger SusuPetal said...

Oh, Lucy is definitly in the sky with diamonds!

Was it the 22nd the Big Day????

11:05 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

susupetal:
Yes, my Birthday falls on March 22nd. What did you get me, Susu? :D

11:26 AM  
Blogger SusuPetal said...

Well, I can't tell it yet, can I? Patience....:))

12:12 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

susupetal:
When I would ask my father that question, his answer was always the same: "close your eyes. What do you see?" :O

5:25 PM  
Blogger hpy said...

The colors are from the sixties too. Before that time you couldn't combine these two.

3:27 AM  
Blogger Trijnie said...

Happy birthday the 22th.
great image, sad sunny face.
Wish you happy Easter Mick

3:54 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

hpy:
Thanks, Hélène, and what you say is true. Funny this, kids today thinking that they invented the mash-up! :D

trijnie:
Thanks for all of the happy wishes ... I know that you got me something nice too. What is it? :D

6:07 AM  
Blogger Lucky Dip Lisa said...

Very lava-lamp! I like it, it's a bit trippy. I imgaine ofcourse;)

2:15 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

lisa sarsfield:
You imagine very well, young lady! :D

10:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home