Wednesday, March 26, 2008

NEW from The Toast Series -

"Toast #5"
monotype by Mick Mather
Vacation is a wonderful thing except for the fact that a weeks worth of work is still waiting to be done when you get back. I'm struggling a little getting caught up and tonight I'm going to post something from the files that's been waiting for a day like this when I'm, once again, done in! As you can see, this is Number 5 from The Toast Series and it happens to be the most abstract of the lot. My thanks to Judy Hand and Lisa Sarsfield for assisting me with my thinking about the question-of-the-month. Well, boys and girls, enjoy - or: go do likewise!

Labels: , , , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Lucky Dip Lisa said...

Oh yum, toast with melted butter and generous dab of jam! This does actually look delicious. I wonder if I ate paint as a kid?
I like the partially revealed text beneath it, a bit like toast with the morning paper. It looks like you got this effect randomly although I wouldn't be at all suprised if it wasn't! Better fly, will be late for the kid's kung fu if I sit here and ponder to long!

8:59 PM  
Blogger Lucky Dip Lisa said...

Opps, I meant to say thanks for posing the question! I like to try and see things from another point of view.

9:00 PM  
Blogger harlequinpan said...

Cool and Great!!! Love it!

10:36 PM  
Blogger SusuPetal said...

Thanks for the breakfast, Mick, toast and jelly was delicious, but where's the tea? Or coffee? Who has stolen my bottle?

Mummy!!!!

(this is what you get doing abstact pics -visions...:))

10:36 PM  
Blogger hpy said...

Just like some time ago, there's NO PICTURE!

12:58 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

lias sarsfield:
I have a feeling that we both ate paint as children! As for the partially revealed text, I used the telephone book pages for this series too and there really wasn't any plan to reveal text. It just so happened to be finished at this point.
Thanks for both comments, Lisa ... I like to think about things a lot too.

harlequinpan:
Thanks for dropping in again, Har. I've been very busy with seasonal project development at work and not quite as wordy at your place for the past few months. The world keeps going 'round.

susupetal:
You're welcome for the breakfast ... never say I didn't do the least I could do. Did I hear you cry for your "Mummy?" Where's Elina? I'm sure she knows where mummy is! :D

hpy:
Sorry, Hélène, I know it's frustrating and, as before, I suspect that blogger is going through a growth spurt of some sort that's causing some internal issues from time to time. I do hope you'll try again later.

5:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home