Sunday, March 23, 2008

Good, good, good, good vibrations -

"Dreaming of Summer Sun"
digitally manipulated film still by Mick Mather
I was noodling around with a new filter and more than a few of the old ones during my vacation that is now, sadly, crashing to a close. Another fact of life here in my part of the world is the amount of sunshine we've been having - yes, temperatures are still cold, but it's a joy to see that big, yellow thing in the sky. So, as the buzz of another spring begins to build I'm already deep into visions of sun, sand and pretty girls at the beach and a classic tune by the Beach Boys.

Labels: , , , , , ,

10 Comments:

Blogger SusuPetal said...

A pin up dressed in clouds! She looks so soft!

2:23 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

susupetal:
I was so taken with the cubist relationships of this piece that I never noticed the cloud-like qualities. She does look soft at that! :)

4:58 PM  
Blogger hpy said...

First I thought I was on Susu's blog. Dreaming of Summer as she always is.

Lovely clouds.

12:50 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

hpy:
Me too! :D

4:28 AM  
Blogger Catnapping said...

there's an intimacy in this that draws me...

6:59 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

catnapping:
Food for thought I think ... after the fact I get a serene, contemplative feeling from this. Could it be that my thinking has become as fuzzy as the softness documented here. :)

8:37 PM  
Blogger Trijnie said...

in the clouds, I get this feeling by seeing this image, great!

4:52 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

trijnie:
Thanks so much. As I mention above in my answer to Susu, I had no idea that the piece was this cloud-like. Now, of course, I do! :)

5:51 AM  
Blogger Catnapping said...

I hear after the big 6-0 everything gets fuzzy. 2 years, and counting...

:)

5:55 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

catnapping:
LOL - Correct again! Of course, the good news (depending upon the company one keeps) is that everyone seems to like to lay their hands on something fuzzy! :O

11:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home