Sunday, March 16, 2008

More playtime -

"Hive Activity I"
digitally manipulated fractal flame by Mick Mather
I took an old fractal that wasn't really going anywhere, tossed it into my digital drawing software and started to play around. After adding a half dozen drawn elements, carefully layered over the top to obscure the parts I didn't care for, it went into another editor for some well deserved, heavy filtering. The first few rounds of that are almost always experimental but, rather early in the game, out comes this image that reminds me of nothing quite so much as a hive of bees. So, here you have it, enjoy!

Labels: , , , , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger SusuPetal said...

Oh, this is rainbowplastic to pop! DeLuxe-version of that wrapping thing that makes you crazy when you have to break all the bubles -don't know the English word.

Got to have some of that right away!

10:19 PM  
Blogger Lucky Dip Lisa said...

Aptly named I think Mick!
I have some vintage honeycomb patterned glass I 'rescued' from the rubbish and it does look much like this!

1:16 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

susupetal:
We actually call it bubble wrap ... let the popping begin! :D

lisa sarsfield:
Thank you, Lisa. My question is, what will you use the rescued glass for?

5:00 AM  
Blogger SusuPetal said...

Bubble wrap! Oh yes! Just love it!!!

I tried to translate for you.

8:34 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

susupetal:
Pop! :D

Thanks for the translation ... loved the idea ... and, Barbie? You're much more fascinating than Barbie. :)

9:03 AM  
Blogger Lucky Dip Lisa said...

Hi Mick, no idea what I will use the glass for! It was going to be moasic's but I couldn't bring myself to break it! It's beautiful and vintage. I have all sorts if things floating around like that, drives DH nuts when we shift:) Ironicaly he found the glass first...thankyou for your encouraging comments:)

10:35 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

lisa sarsfield:
Hmmm, a fraidy cat over breaking that glass, eh? Is it worth something? Is it worth enough to be appraised? No? Smash it up!

6:30 AM  
Blogger Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

Oooh, lots of fun new stuff. I particularly LOVE this one--it looks like a weaving and more. SUPER! Great colors and effects!

9:30 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

mary stebbins taitt:
Very astute of you to notice the weave patterning. One of the filters I use here in the secret visual laboratory has a seemingly endless variety of weaves. :)

11:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home