Thursday, March 13, 2008

Thursday Challenge: Green -

"Long Thin Green"
photograph by Mick Mather
I offer another straight photograph for this week's theme, green, at Thursday Challenge. That's right, untouched by filters or editors aside from a gentle cropping. I should say that one of the things about early spring that I love the most is the riotous, to say the least, variety of green that can be found almost everywhere. The other thing I've always enjoyed about the last gasp of winter just preceding that time is the amount of red, orange and purple that begins to reassert itself over the gray and flat brown of the slumbering season. If you look closely, you'll see a little of each in this vignette of green.

Labels: , , , , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger SusuPetal said...

Spring, oh yes!

Have a nice weekend, Mick, I'm off to Turku!

10:02 PM  
Blogger hpy said...

There are so many different greens!

12:46 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

susupetal:
I have to work this weekend but, at least, the weather is breaking and we'll get a little sun and warmer temperatures. Have fun in Turku - a shopping trip for my birthday (March 22nd) I bet! :D

hpy:
There certainly are. It's why spring is my favorite season of the year I think. :)

5:25 AM  
Blogger Lucky Dip Lisa said...

Ok, success this time. I just wrote a comment which blogger gremlins ate for breakfast. Have also tried atleast 3 x over the last few days to comment. I wanted to wish you a quick recovery, I hope you are well now. Thankyou for answering even when you were sick! I like this untouched photo, the lighter green peeking through the denser green and the green at the top really look like spring growth. It lightens the feel of the whole photo. It's nearly autumn here, soon we will have glorious browns and reds. A photographer's delight!

12:36 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

lisa sarsfield:
While not a recent photograph, I did take this in the spring. In suppose I should dedicate this to you, it was a very nest-like image in my mind once the cropping was done. :)

12:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a beautiful photo! So peaceful and green, very well done!

9:48 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

shani thomas:
Thanks so much, Shani. :)

10:03 AM  
Blogger Lucky Dip Lisa said...

Glad to see the nest phenonomen is reaching far ends of this globe:) lol

1:14 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

lisa sarsfield:
LOL - never doubt the strength of a single idea!

4:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home