Tuesday, April 01, 2008

All Fools Day -

"April Showers"
digitally manipulated photograph by Mick Mather
- original photograph by Bill Ives -

Welcome to that special day for pranks, practical jokes and every shade of japery. That said, it should come as no surprise that I, a huge fan (especially visual jokes and wordplay), have no joke today! Very fitting that, yes? Anyway, back in October 2007 my good friend, Bill Ives, posted a set of photos taken in Italy, this particular image among them, and gave me permission to work my magic upon it. Finally, while playing about with a 'found' film still and a new plug-in, I was able to press forward ... thanks again for the inspiration, Bill!

Labels: , , , , , , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger hpy said...

A reflection in the water ?
I'm sorry, I'm too busy to make long visits, but I'll be back.

8:04 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

hpy:
Perhaps, but not really - although, there's more than one kind of reflection going on in this piece.
Don't apologize for being busy. It's the same for me and most of the regulars. It must be that spring is in the air as we all get back down to business! :)

9:00 AM  
Blogger SusuPetal said...

Oh, I'm singing in the rain.

This is beautiful, Mick, I love that greyness with plenty of light in it.

9:25 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

susupetal:
Today it's a warm rain at least ... I believe we hit 68º but the wind was wild! Thanks so much for the comment, Susu, I even amazed myself when putting this one together. :)

6:18 PM  
Blogger Digital Scott's Illustrationblog said...

That's a very cool image! I really like it.

6:54 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

digital scott:
I have to admit that the new plug-in used in this piece was one that I had little hope for. I've only seen one other artist use it and I wasn't all that keen on the possibilities. I may be changing my mind. So, thanks for the comment, Scott, it's appreciated.

4:19 AM  
Blogger Elegia said...

Stained glass. Something's living behind the curtain.

6:29 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

elegia:
There you go, stained glass! But, behind the curtain? Ut oh! We're not in Kansas anymore, are we? :O

12:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home