Sunday, April 06, 2008

The "Career Day" sketch -

"Mick's Glasses II"
digitally manipulated drawing by Mick Mather
As I mention in a little more detail at No Matter What Shape-The Archive, this image is the result of a gestural sketch accomplished at a Career Dar presentation at Henninger High School last week. For those of you out there with something to share in the field of arts & culture, I might suggest that working artists who have the capacity to make a presentation at such an event is one way to stop the bleeding of constant and continuing cuts to the arts in our schools. At the very least, it's a way to insert an awareness to the arts and how they relate to the real world beyond the misinterpreted concept that it's a frill.

Labels: , , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Elegia said...

Looks like my glasses too. My glasses are always dirty.

2:39 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

elegia:
LOL - yes, there's something about we artists and our dirty glasses. Too preoccupied to clean them I think. :)

5:16 AM  
Blogger SusuPetal said...

No use to clean them, I think. At least I see painfully enough already (must have to do something with my two pairs of eyes).

7:57 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

True, they only get smudged and dirty again as soon as I put them back on! :D

11:07 AM  
Blogger Lucky Dip Lisa said...

It's good that your doing your bit to promote the arts as a career. Thank goodness that we live in an era that allows this!
I hope there were some successful recruits.

1:06 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

lisa sarsfield:
At the high school level, there might be 1 in 100 that has an idea about what they want to do. I always encourage young people to follow the path that excites them, inspires them and is fun to be involved in. So, recruit isn't exactly the right term, I see myself more as a guide to show that one can choose fulfilling work.

5:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home