Saturday, April 05, 2008

Out with the bad air, in with the good -

"Shadows Overtaking Clear Thought"
digital collage by Mick Mather
A recent conversation with an old friend started me thinking about the things that we do, the choices we make and the repercussions of both. On the one hand, it's common, and human, to make mistakes, even a lot of them, as we progress from one station of life to another. It's something else again when the shaded thinking of our subconscious causes the repetition of destructive choices ... and the road to understanding is surely long and winding as well as strewn with fear, doubt and every sort of misstep.

Labels: , , , , , ,

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A friend of mine says, "As long as I keep making the same mistakes, at least I will have learned to do something right." Guess that's one way to look at it.

2:29 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

shani thomas:
LOL - that is one way to look at for for sure. :D

4:19 PM  
Blogger SusuPetal said...

The road to understanding surely is long, and most of the time I just want to turn back.

I like that pic. Dark enough.

12:37 AM  
Blogger Lucky Dip Lisa said...

Heavy words. Love the image. It's so 'whole' and unfractured. I like the warm colours you used which remind me of hope rising from the fear. I am studying Art, meaning and myth at the moment...how our myths affect our art. I wonder how our life mistakes and the winding roads affect it also? I am going to ponder a while.

3:26 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

susupetal:
I think it's the act of turning back that sets our patterns. Some are harmless, but if it recreates our destructive behaviors or choices, then we're running inside that dark circle.

lisa sarsfield:
Thanks for all of these comments ... I believe that I'll leave you to do that pondering before I say anything else. :)

7:51 AM  
Blogger Elegia said...

Well, she is hot!

2:40 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

elegia:
In real life, too!

5:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home