Saturday, June 28, 2008

NEW from The Birdhouse Series -

"Birdhouse IX"
digitally manipulated drawing by Mick Mather
To celebrate the hanging of images 1 thru 8 in The Birdhouse Series I thought I might post this newly created image. Eleven works from The Toys Series were also hung today at The Weiskotten Gallery and I have to admit that the show looks bright and happy. Just right for the beginning of summer! I should also like you to make a note that I've posted an alternate version of this at my other blog, No Matter What Shape - The Archive. Have a peek if you're interested, I'm on my way out to have a little Irish Whiskey along with a few glasses of red wine as a chaser.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmmm....both are interesting. The original has more the appearance of a line drawing (is it in fact a drawing in origin?) while this one has taken it's digital enhancement nicely. Although both are nice, I do think I prefer the colors and "pop" of this one. Good work Mick!

4:42 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

shani:
While I do draw with traditional tools, most of my drawing today is digital - including this piece. It's a combination of lines and shapes that take on a whole new dimension during the manipulation process.

5:13 AM  
Blogger Lucky Dip Lisa said...

Oh I missed this one! Glad I found it because it's fantastic. It's looks as if it's been made with crayon and dye. Perhaps a touch of screen printing...on silk of course.

2:13 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

lisa sarsfield:
As I say so often, I love the way so many of you describe my work and I like what you say about this one very much. :)

7:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home