Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Old business -

"The Stars at Night"
digital collage by Mick Mather
I hadn't realized it until today, but I've been surfing back through old files again. This sort of reflection is a good thing and I fall into this review of work at least three times a year, revisiting the good, the bad, the ugly and the impossible. Often, as with tonight's image, a fresh perspective and a new idea erupt and I'm off to the races. I have to admit, I was also thinking of the adorable Linda, the Grumpiest Girl, who's still incognito and hot rodding up and down the road of life. At least I hope she is; and, I further hope she's having one hell of a time while doing it. Either way, doll face? Here are some more stars for ya! :)

Labels: , , , , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger hpy said...

A modern madonna.

2:01 AM  
Blogger Elegia said...

Jesus, I can feel that. This is very peaceful picture!

Star in the sky
show me the way
the way to be strong
the way to my home.

:))

4:18 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

hpy:
A nice way to put it. Thanks, Hélène. :)

elegia:
Without knowing, I believe you may have set out the perfect poem for Linda. I hope she finds it as peaceful - and hopeful - as you do. :)

4:35 AM  
Blogger SusuPetal said...

Oh, that blue sky sprinkled with tiniest stars is just beautiful!

To be under stars in safe.

7:47 AM  
Blogger harlequinpan said...

It's Sooooo special!!! i love the ceramic painting feeling.

10:18 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

susupetal:
You said that so beautifully I've read the words 3 times over ... so far. :)

harlequinpan:
I see what you mean about painted ceramic. Thanks for bringing that to my attention.

4:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home