Monday, October 13, 2008

Making hay while the sun shines -

"Study #2 for Sky Box I"
digitally manipulated drawing by Mick Mather
I've pressed forward with another land art project called Sky Box I that can currently be seen at No Matter What Shape - The Archive, my other blog. I've mentioned it briefly here as well, along with another study for the documentation; but, things have changed a little bit. For one thing, it's completed and, for another, the longevity of this 1-foot square box is suspect. Be that as it may, Sky Box II is already being planned and, in the spring, I believe that Flower Box will be added to my list. This 1-inch square box, as yet an indistinct plan, is expected to surround a wildflower next May. This doesn't presuppose the building of Ice Box and/or Snow Cube should proper conditions occur this winter. Hmm, busy, busy me!

Labels: , , , , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger SusuPetal said...

Oh s***t, the net connection went missing and my comment disappeared!
So now I must try to remember what were the immortal words I wrote, damn.

Delicate, breakable, we must look carefully, not to break this cube. It's beautiful, tender.

Something like that but much more smarter.

But, I have my own cube now!

10:13 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

susupetal:
I'm flattered by the sentiments here and, just think, this is only a manipulated drawing! Just have a peek at the real thing! :)

11:01 AM  
Blogger hpy said...

A sky box? I thought it was an old fashioned bathing suit!

11:42 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

hpy:
LMAO ... I'm still looking at this and trying to figure out how a bathing suit came to mind. :D

5:04 AM  
Blogger Lucky Dip Lisa said...

A crows nest! High above the stormy seas...

I like these (the Kings court ones too) additions to the series. A digital visual diary?

3:11 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

lisa sarsfield:
LOL - let the imagination run wild. As I state in my masthead, this blog is part documentation.

6:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home