Saturday, October 11, 2008

There I go again -

"Post Cube Conceptual Study I"
manipulated digital painting by Mick Mather
Recent commentary from one of my blogging pals on the other side of the world, Lisa Sarsfield, has opened my eyes wider than ever as regards the importance of the Kings Court Cube land art sculpture. Little by little this work continues to seep into the fabric of my very being and there's definitely something bigger brewing. Almost every other thing that I do is, somehow, connected to this project and as I've mentioned before, I can't seem to break away from it. At this point, I'm totally tuned in to the fact that this is something I must pay attention to and pursue to the fullest and, with that in mind, here's another piece that was accomplished earlier in the week. There are a number of versions and I may post one more at some point ... whether I do or not, the body of work in this project continues to grow into a documentation that is beginning to look more and more like a book every day.

Labels: , , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger SusuPetal said...

I like these colors, something 60's, early 70's.

9:05 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

susupetal:
As so often happens when The Finnish Sisters weigh in on an artwork, I get a point of view that makes me re-think everything. I can certainly see the almost-pop-artiness of this due to the colors. :)

11:29 AM  
Blogger Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

Very cool, reminds me of batik.

8:47 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

mary stebbins taitt:
Gee! There it goes again, I can see a certain iridescence and translucence
here that's decidedly peculiar to batik. :)

5:01 AM  
Blogger Lucky Dip Lisa said...

I'm really suprised to see my name here...and pleased that something I said has helped this project grow more and I really want to get my hands on the book when your done! I imagine it will be very interesting on both intellectual and artistic levels.

Funny how the universe works sometimes...I am starting a new series inspired by nests (called nature lines) and while out taking photos I saw a big pile of branches and I thought of your project...your kings court cube has made a permenant impression on my own artistic journey also.

Congrats to you, I am pleased for you that you've found inspiration and are instinctive enough to know that you need to see this project through!

3:00 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

lisa sarsfield:
Once again I'm delighted if we've exchanged images and projects that inspire us, each in our own way. Following your artistic instincts is the true path, not that one can afford to ignore side trips - such as education, developing skills, etc. etc. - but, our instincts are connected to an upward climb (though it may lead downward at times) that will separate you from the pack and, eventually, bear the best fruit.

As for the book ... you'll know when it gets to that point.

6:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home