Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Drawing With Leighlund Series -

"Toe Shoes"
digitally manipulated drawing by Mick Mather
- original drawing by Leighlund Ruth Vincett -

I've done quite a few of these, an even 10 to be precise, and wonder why it's taken until now to call it a series. If I get ambitious, I may go back through and re-tag everything so that a search will bring all of them up. That aside, I don't suppose it will be much longer until she begins to take ballet lessons and it was quite a surprise to find this pair of toe shoes while working on the original scribble ... and, plié - plié - plié!

Labels: , , , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger hpy said...

PInk is for little girls. I'm sure that Leighlund will be ever so happy about these toe shoes.

6:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pretty in pink...very nice!!!

12:34 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

hpy:
I hope you're right ... this is all that I can afford! :)

shani:
I can almost see that li'l punkin' in her matching tutu now! :)

2:01 PM  
Blogger Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

Very cool. I see the ballerinas all leaning over in their tutus to tie their shoes. Lovely work. Spare and sweet.

9:10 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

mary stebbins taitt:
Thank you, Mary. I get a kick out of playing with her scribbles and seeing what comes out after running them through the filters here in the Secret Visual Laboratory! :)

2:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home