Sunday, October 26, 2008

A collaboration with Cima -

"Two Cats, One Chair - The Standoff"
digitally manipulated drawing by Mick Mather
- original drawing by Daniel Cimadevilla -

This past summer, mid-July to be precise, my favorite Argentine artist - Daniel Cimadevilla, posted a drawing called "PARA MAMA". One of the things I liked most about it was the loose and carefree approach that immediately evoked memories of Lyonel Feininger, but I digress. Included with Daniel's drawing is a small thumbnail that nagged at me for months. Finally, I ran it through the usual array of plug-in filters here at the Secret Visual Laboratory, sent a copy of the finished piece to Cima requesting his permission to use it and, well, here it is. Thanks so much for your part in this, Daniel, and for agreeing to let me collaborate with you.

Labels: , , , , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger SusuPetal said...

I don't see the cats! Just a broken chair (hope the cats aren't crushed!)

6:53 AM  
Blogger harlequinpan said...

Great collaboration!! love it very much!

9:47 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

susupetal:
LMAO - the kitties are just fine, thank you ... and, I will admit that this is a very expressionistic, although not totally abstract, piece.

harlequinpan:
I had a lot fun creating this one and I'm pleased if it strikes a chord with you. Still, it will never be as much fun as teaching Susu how to find the cats! :D

6:13 PM  
Blogger daniel cimadevilla said...

Your work is very beautiful, Mick!!
you discover the art,as a magician...

thanks buddy!!

4:55 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

cima:
Again it is I who offers thanks to you. I was thrilled that you allowed the collaboration and, as such, we must share the glory. As you know, I'm also a huge fan of your work and it's been a goal of mine to exhibit together one day. I don't know where or when or if this particular piece is a step in that direction, but it could be.

7:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home