Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Getting ahead of myself -

"Study #1 for Ice Cubedigitally manipulated drawing by Mick Mather
As I've mentioned already, I have another land art sculpture that I'd like to build when the weather conditions are right. Toward that end, I need to make a formal proposal to the sculpture park where I'd like to have it sited. This is one of the studies that will become part of the proposal as well as the documentation for that project regardless of where it ends up. I do have other options and the only real stumbling block is the weather ... in any case, I'm posting this now in honor of the imminent snow showers expected tomorrow or the next day.

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger hpy said...

If that's an ice cube, you need a big glass for your drink!

6:29 AM  
Blogger SusuPetal said...

Snow showers? You must be kidding!

8:02 AM  
Blogger harlequinpan said...

I'm looking forward to see the whole process, but please pay attention to your safety.

9:26 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

hpy:
No problem there, Hélène, this is to be situated in a fair sized pond. So. a BIG straw is what we really need! :D

susupetal:
I kid you not! Admittedly, such early snow is not unusual here and the conditions are right for 8" at higher elevations. Where I am, maybe 3" by tonight or tomorrow. I have my boots, gloves, winter coat and other things at the ready! :D

harlequinpan:
I'll certainly keep everyone posted and, as always, SAFETY FIRST! :)

11:22 AM  
Blogger Lucky Dip Lisa said...

An exciting developement! I love the amount of white in this image...its makes the whole idea seem so simple and fresh.

Good luck with the proposal!

8:08 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

lisa sarsfield:
Since this will be a mid-winter project the look of the study is appropriately bright I think. Thanks for saying so, Lisa. :)

7:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home