Monday, October 27, 2008

Drawing With Leighlund Series -

"Code Breakers Brain Scan"
digitally manipulated drawing by Mick Mather
- original drawing by Leighlund Ruth Vincett -

I thought I might do another collaboration with my granddaughter, Leighlund, and was curious to discover that this particular scribble is rather closely aligned to the spider web photographs that I see as 3-dimensional drawings. I haven't done a lot with the latter but they're in my head, percolating, sure to come out again in one form or another not too far in the future. That said, it probably behooves me to work on another that will close the circle of my thinking here. Always, it seems, I make more and more work for myself! :)

Labels: , , , , , , ,

12 Comments:

Blogger hpy said...

Nice work, that I would like to put on a wall, somewhere where I could see it. (Unhappily, all is full.)

8:19 AM  
Blogger SusuPetal said...

Oh, this is one of your twos Japanese drawings, very delicate!

8:21 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

hpy:
What a wonderful thing to say ... and, spring cleaning can't be too far away. :D

susupetal:
Hmm ... now you have me looking for other things in this drawing. :)

6:35 PM  
Blogger hpy said...

There's an award to pick up at hpy.

11:52 PM  
Blogger harlequinpan said...

Very calligraphic! i love it !

9:18 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

hpy:
Thank you Hélène.

harlequinpan:
You're the second person to connect calligraphy or character marks in relation to this piece. :)

11:16 AM  
Blogger Lucky Dip Lisa said...

I see a nest....but that is no suprise! Nice to see you collaborating with your Grandaughter, she must feel so valued. That is pricless!

8:04 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

lisa sarsfield:
Isn't it amazing the number of things that come to mind in a child's scribbled drawing? Leighlund is only 4 and probably too early for her to fathom the value of this project. I'm quite likely going to let her discover the collaborations for herself on that day when she first "googles" her own name.

7:03 AM  
Blogger Lucky Dip Lisa said...

Oh that is very,very cool Mick. I am happy and excited for her already.

10:45 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

lisa sarsfield:
Yesterday she gave me a new drawing. Much more involved and complex with a little bit of conceptualization beginning to raise it's head. When I picked it up to take it home she said, "NO! It stays here." Already she's beginning to keep an eye on things. :D

6:46 AM  
Blogger darkdarling said...

This is interesting. indeed.
Cheers!

5:56 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

darkdarling:
I say thanks so very much DD. I have quite a collaborative series started using her drawings.

6:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home