Monday, November 10, 2008

Visual memory -

"A Straight Line Forced Upon Topography"
manipulated digital drawing by Mick Mather
I continue mining the same vein introduced here a few days back. As the middle of the autumnal season urges me to more comfortable, indoor pursuits, practicing what I preach becomes a bit difficult from time to time. Even so, I have been out walking and observing. It's also time to take some of the visual data and the conceptual imagery derived from my researches into works that I can take my time with when the weather turns really nasty! I've been thinking a lot about Richard Long and this image is a nod to his incredible mind which continues to point the way for so many of us.

Labels: , , , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger hpy said...

With this picture qou're walking many lines.

6:27 AM  
Blogger Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

WOW! I love this, Mick! Very very cool. Nicely creative and visual! :-D

6:52 AM  
Blogger SusuPetal said...

Oh! This is great, just love the colors and lines!

7:07 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

hpy:
Now there's an idea worth some thought and an action plan ... find a topographic map and walk each line. I better not choose this one or it'll take me the rest of my life! :O

mary stebbins taitt:
I've been digging deep into my conceptual kit bag of late. I keep getting the feeling that I'm onto something; I'll keep you posted. :)

susupetal:
Welcome back, Susu, and I'm delighted to hear these words. I hope this was at least one bright corner for your dreaded November! Whatever will I do with you in December, January and February?

7:09 PM  
Blogger SusuPetal said...

At the end of December the day breaks the night and it's starting to come more light.
No worry.

8:49 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

susupetal:
Alright then ... I won't worry. :)

8:55 PM  
Blogger Lucky Dip Lisa said...

I think of barcodes and lava flow...One is very rigid, forced and tense the other ebbs and flows with life and power.

A race for power, a battle between those who won't conform and those who say they must!

I must be due for a coffee... no rum:)

3:59 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

lisa sarsfield:
I very much enjoyed hearing your experience of this piece. As for me, I need a rum ... no coffee! :)

8:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home