Monday, January 19, 2009

The BIG back yard and then some -

"Kings Court Walk I"
digital collage by Mick Mather
One of the things that struck me while running a set of topographic maps and satellite views of "the BIG back yard" through the super secret array here at the Secret Visual Laboratory is the way it all began to resemble walking trails. It also prompted me to take further notice of a walk to plan, in early spring, around that bright, green shape at the top. In reality, this is a small pond nestled into an area bounded by a commercial development site, I-695 and railroad tracks operated by the Finger Lakes Railway. I'd do it today if I had a pair of snowshoes but, no matter, you may be able to see documentation of the Milton Slough Walk in 3 or 4 months.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger SusuPetal said...

I'd get lost there!

10:38 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

Susupetal:
I know! I'm lost in there now! You better send one of those search dogs with the cask of brandy 'round his neck. Wait! Never mind the dog, just send the brandy! :D

2:41 PM  
Blogger Lucky Dip Lisa said...

Lol Mick. I will have some brandy too please:)
These lines remind me of a fingerprint. I guess they are but not of ours...a finger print of the land. Ridges and valleys and highs and lows.

Maybe I don't need that brandy:P

8:36 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

Lisa Sarsfield:
I like your fingerprints analogy. As for the brandy? Well, okay, if you don't need one then there's more for ... ME!!! :D

4:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home