Thursday, February 26, 2009

Thursday Challenge: Jewelry -

"Her Heart Shaped Locket"
digitally manipulated photograph by Mick Mather
I almost literally had a jewelry box full of ideas for this week's Thursday Challenge. After fiddling with a few other images I settled on today's post for the contrasts of light and shadow along with some interesting variation and repetition of form. I also like the idea that the heart-shaped locket is in deep shadow, alluding to mysteries of the heart.

Labels: , , , , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger SusuPetal said...

Oh, she is a pearl among girls :)

7:54 AM  
Blogger TwD said...

I like it. It really gives the feeling like there is a secret in the air...

9:33 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

SusuPetal:
Yes she is ... and so are you, Susu!

R and J:
The mystery of this was something that set me straight to work. I'm pleased that you enjoyed it. :)

4:41 PM  
Blogger John M. Mora said...

i see jasper john's waxy flame....

9:12 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

Johm:
... somebody had to! :D

4:41 AM  
Blogger Elegia said...

Beautiful neckless!

6:42 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

Elegia:
Isn't it, though? :D

3:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home