Sunday, March 01, 2009

flickr tag -

"Five of Five"
digitally manipulated image by Mick Mather
As most of you know, I don't participate in tag games, 25 things lists, have whiter teeth in 21 days with our toothpaste and such like. That said, I really couldn't refuse my good friend, Lesley Boyce-Kiss, when she flickr tagged me to post the fifth photo in the fifth file on my computer no matter what that is. Well, the fifth folder happens to be for my scanner. The fifth thing in that file happens to be, not a photograph, but a file icon. With a sigh, I decided to have some fun in spite of myself and came up with some digital manipulations of it - see the first four here - the last of which is today's post. Sorry that I couldn't add this to my flickr set, Lesley, but it really wouldn't fit into any of the three I have over there ... in the end, I'll admit that this was a bit of fun.

Labels: , , , , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger hpy said...

This is, in fact, the first time I've seen you participate in any tag. WHAT's happening?

4:24 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

hpy:
LMAO ... you can count on this being one of the truly rare occurrences of this type, Hélène. I found it a total challenge to take one of the windows file icons and run it through the super secret array. I think it was as simple as that ... oh! Don't forget that I was totally bored with a LOT of time on my hands yesterday. It's clear that I didn't get situated in front of the boob tube anywhere close to soon enough! :)

4:34 AM  
Blogger John M. Mora said...

Doctor this does not look like an ink blot.

It looks like the skimpiest bikini I have ever seen.

5:42 AM  
Blogger John M. Mora said...

So I rename it "one of two."

5:46 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

John:
ROFLMAO!!!

7:04 AM  
Blogger Seth said...

This image is really drawing me in. The composition and the roughness really catches my eye. Glad you gave in and played along on this one.

4:21 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

Seth:
Thanks for this supportive comment and I'm glad that I gave in as well. In some sense, this particular piece makes brings your disintegration project to mind. I've been thinking about doing something for about a week and I'm sure you'll hear from me soon.

7:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home